In-service clinics help referees to meet their annual renewal requirements for instruction. Topics at in-service clinics include annual changes to the Laws of the Game, physical fitness and training, and lively discussion over the interpretation of the Laws. District 2 also holds Fitness Tests, where referees can take the USSF physical fitness test in order to renew or upgrade their license according to the USSF fitness requirements.
The Referee Academy 2012-13
CNRA presents a brand new program utilizing top-level referees, instructors, assignors and assessors.
Our goal is to help referees at all levels improve.
- We will provide top quality, ongoing training to referees of all ages and grades, who are motivated to become better, and willing to commit to the 10-month program and fully participate. You are welcome to attend any portion of these session, but in order to attend the State level program, you will need to attend both field and classroom sessions for the two-month District programs that precede it.
- 3-hour sessions including fieldwork and classroom instruction will be held near you in each district in September and October 2012, and January, February, April and May 2013. See information below for the first session in your district.
- State-sponsored 4-6 hour sessions featuring guest instructors will be held in November 2012, and March and June 2013. You must attend District sessions to be invited to the State session.
- T-shirts and other swag will be handed out at State sessions.
- District sessions will be led by top-level National and FIFA referees with help from the local instructors, assessors, assignors and administrators.
- State-sponsored sessions will include top-level guest instructors in addition to top referees from California-North.
2013 State Session Training Schedule
By invitation only, from the Director of the Development Academy.
You must have completed the two monthly area sessions preceding the upcoming state session.
District II Referee Academy Sessions for April 2013
Due to the large size of our district, District II will offer three separate series in San Mateo County, Santa Clara County, and Monterey County. You must attend ONE of the classroom sessions and ONE of the field sessions to complete the full Academy requirements for each month, but you can attend these at different areas if your schedule requires it. Also, referees not wishing to participate in the entire Academy series are still welcome at any District session.
District II Referee Academy Sessions for May 2013
Any questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current In-service Clinics
None currently scheduled.
Fitness and Written tests for Grades 5-8 offered. Fitness Test is required only for those upgrading to, or maintaining their current, Grade 5 or 6.
Dates and Times
Third Sunday of the month through December, 2013.
- Sunday, December 15, 2013, 8:00 am
Check in and warm up 15 minutes before start time.
West Valley College
Sessions without signups will be cancelled, so it is important to sign up in advance. RSVP by sending email to email@example.com prior to the event. Include the following information in your RSVP:
- Fitness Test Date
- Last Name
- First Name
- Current Grade
- Upgrade: Y or N
- Contact Phone Number